Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What the Mahoozadiddle?!

A peek into the mind of the British Criminal Mind...

Ok... Picture the scene...

It's 6:30am, I've literally JUST got up and I'm still half asleep... the doorbell rings... I scramble into my dressing gown ("robe" for my transatlantic followers) and go downstairs expecting perhaps a delivery or something. Instead, I'm standing in the doorway in front of an RAF police officer!

Naturally, the first thing I think is "What the freakin' hell?" Then he asks "Does the green car over there belong to you?". Well, he was pointing right at my car so duty bound I confirmed it was. He then asks me to go and check the car "to see if anything had been stolen"!!!

It turns out that a bunch of young thugs had been seen wandering about our estate in the early hours and when the RAF police came out to investigate, the found my car door wide open! Stuff had been thrown all over the car and all the door compartments and glove box had been opened and emptied... All over the bloody place!

Now here's the odd thing...

Despite the mess, which was easily tidied up, there was NOT ONE THING missing! There was a bunch of spare change (about £6) in the door, a radio controlled model plane on the back seat, all my drivers documents and car registration stuff in the glove box and a groovy Homer Simpson on the dash... They didn't take a thing! Not even the money!

Maybe they developed a concience...

Maybe they felt sorry for us...

Or just perhaps, THEY WERE MORE THAN A BIT THICK!

Anyhow, everything is fine now. I'm guessing here, but considering they never touched anything else and they had basically "searched" the car, they must have been looking for something in particular, perhaps the keys, or more likely they saw I had a GPS satnav bracket installed and thought I was an idiot and would keep it hidden in the car (this seems to be one of the latest "popular crimes" over here).

Bet you wish all crims were as considerate?!

4 Comments:

Blogger Melancholy Trollop said...

Ok, In the first part of your narrative I almost freaked out thinking OH NO but then as I finished reading it had a good ending YEAH!!!Creepy to think as you were sleeping someone was pawing through your car.How totally weird is that? It was probably bored teen-agers who will soon be back in school.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Rob Newman said...

Back in the work houses if I had my way... (only kiding!)

Turns out that they had been trying to get into other cars in the area and were just about to smash a work colleagues side window to get in when she noticed them and chased them off... At least we didn't have that to deal with!

3:51 PM  
Blogger HST said...

hey criminals in america are really nice. when they steal your car they don't steal anything from the inside, they just cut your fuel line and take the battery. asses.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Melancholy Trollop said...

Evidently there are 2 people in the UK who are tooooo busy to blog. (guilt guilt guilt). I'm just using the POWER of the mother in law here.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home